3 arrested after marijuana found in garden in Del.
NEW CASTLE, Del. - August 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Castle County police say three people have been arrested after a marijuana-growing operation was found in a home tomato garden.
Police say officers were called to the 100 block of Southerland Drive on Thursday for a possible drug violation. During a search, police say they found five tall marijuana plants in the garden behind the home.
Authorities say they also found marijuana, two handguns and ammunition in a rear shed, and marijuana pipes and more guns in the master bedroom. Police say hypodermic needles and digital scales were found in another bedroom.
The News Journal of Wilmington, Del. reports that police arrested Roland and Stella Caldwell on several marijuana and firearms charges. Authorities also charged 23-year-old Kenneth Simpler with possession of steroids and drug paraphernalia.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com
newark, delaware, marijuana, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 13 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
4 min ago
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
13 min ago