2nd Bensalem school worker arrested for theft
BENSALEM, Pa. - August 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a second Bensalem School District employee has been arrested on theft charges.
Martin Chappell, 61, of Bensalem, was arrested on Monday as part of an investigation into the theft and sale of stolen school district property.
Police say Chappell was employed by the Bensalem Township School District for the past 21 years as a mechanic at their bus garage.
Investigators say Chappell was involved in multiple thefts from the school district bus garage over an extended period of time. He was charged with theft and receiving stolen property.
Chappell was arraigned and sent to the Bucks County Correctional Facility in lieu of 10% of $50,000 bail.
Last week, police announced the arrest of Frederick Lange, 68, of Croydon. Police say Lange, the lead mechanic and shop foreman at the bus garage, stole truck tires, truck batteries and other automobile accessories over a period of more than 10 years.
This investigation is on-going and anyone with additional information is asked to call Bensalem Township Police at 215-633-3719.
pennsylvania, bucks county, school, theft, local/state
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman 9 min ago
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 59 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
59 min ago