Man, 36, shot dead outside restaurant in West Oak Lane
WEST OAK LANE - August 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating a deadly shooting in West Oak Lane.
It happened around 3:00 p.m. Tuesday in the 7400 block of Limekiln Pike.
Police say a man was shot and killed outside a place called Flat, a Jamaican restaurant and speakeasy.
It was sometime after 3:00 p.m. when witnesses heard multiple gunshots coming from the rear of the parking lot.
Police say witnesses saw three men running from the area. Their identities and whereabouts are unknown.
When officers arrived, they found a 36-year-old man lying on the ground with multiple gunshot wounds. He was later pronounced dead on the scene by paramedics.
Residents say there have been a number of shootings at this location over the years, some of them deadly.
The victim's identity has not been released. Residents say he was a Jamaican immigrant who had recently returned from a trip to Jamaica.
philadelphia, shooting, west oak lane, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Temps Soar 11 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 38 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 19 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Temps Soar
11 min ago