Man, 36, shot dead outside restaurant in West Oak Lane
WEST OAK LANE - August 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating a deadly shooting in West Oak Lane.
It happened around 3:00 p.m. Tuesday in the 7400 block of Limekiln Pike.
Police say a man was shot and killed outside a place called Flat, a Jamaican restaurant and speakeasy.
It was sometime after 3:00 p.m. when witnesses heard multiple gunshots coming from the rear of the parking lot.
Police say witnesses saw three men running from the area. Their identities and whereabouts are unknown.
When officers arrived, they found a 36-year-old man lying on the ground with multiple gunshot wounds. He was later pronounced dead on the scene by paramedics.
Residents say there have been a number of shootings at this location over the years, some of them deadly.
The victim's identity has not been released. Residents say he was a Jamaican immigrant who had recently returned from a trip to Jamaica.
philadelphia, shooting, west oak lane, local/state
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days 43 min ago
- Lots of clouds, damp today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident
- Chesco man accused of sex assault on 2 young boys
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river 50 min ago
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in Hatfield robbery 27 min ago
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- 5.7-magnitude quake felt across northern California 27 min ago
- Emergency landing causes delays at Heathrow 14 min ago
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
43 min ago
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in...
27 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river
50 min ago