Woman sexually assaulted in Frankford
FRANKFORD - August 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating after a woman was sexually assaulted in the Frankford section of Philadelphia early Wednesday morning.
It was around 3:15 a.m. when the victim, a 24-year-old woman, was walking in the area of Griscom and Church streets when she was attacked.
Police say the man beat the victim in the face and head then sexually assaulted her.
The woman was rushed to the hospital in serious condition.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215.686.TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through phillypolice.com.
philadelphia, frankford, sex assault, local/state
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis 39 min ago
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea 45 min ago
- Mistrial declared in Philly priest sex-abuse case 37 min ago
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 23 min ago
- Montco student hospitalized with meningitis-causing infection 1 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush...
9 min ago
- Montco student hospitalized with...
1 min ago