Woman sexually assaulted in Frankford
FRANKFORD - August 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating after a woman was sexually assaulted in the Frankford section of Philadelphia early Wednesday morning.
It was around 3:15 a.m. when the victim, a 24-year-old woman, was walking in the area of Griscom and Church streets when she was attacked.
Police say the man beat the victim in the face and head then sexually assaulted her.
The woman was rushed to the hospital in serious condition.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215.686.TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through phillypolice.com.
philadelphia, frankford, sex assault, local/state
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville 15 min ago
- Brisk And Cold 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia 55 min ago
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 3 min ago
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large 4 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 8 min ago
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Brisk And Cold
1 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in...
8 min ago