Woman found dead in Montgomery Co. field ID'd
NEW HANOVER TWP., Pa. - August 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Investigators in Montgomery County have identified the woman found dead in a field, but still don't know how she died.
The body of Natalie Marella, 26, of Ambler, was found off Little Road in New Hanover Township at 10:22 a.m. Wednesday.
In a news release issued Thursday, the district attorney's office said an autopsy was conducted, but the cause and manner of death remain undetermined pending the results of toxicology testing.
"She was a good kid," said Natalie's aunt, Karen Marella, who last saw her niece Sunday evening.
"She just wanted to know how my twin grandbabies were doing. That's why she came over and also to see my grandmother," Karen said.
Natalie's friends told Action News she had some drug and alcohol problems in the past but was battling to overcome them. One friend said she at times "hung out with a bad crowd."
She was living in a carriage house on property owned by her father. He called her the love of his life, but conceded she'd had some scrapes with the law. He last saw her Saturday and describes himself as 'destroyed' by her death.
Natalie's body was found on Wednesday by a farmer mowing his field.
"I come up along and I couldn't believe it," said Mark Slater, the farmer who owns the property. "It just shocked me. I came in and got my daughter-in-law and she went berserk," Slater said.
They went back to the field for a closer look. The two had wondered if it was a mannequin.
They soon realized it wasn't.
"She saw a tattoo on the body, so she knew it was a person," said Slater.
Slater went on to say he and his daughter-in-law saw tire tracks in the field. He said it appeared as if someone backed up to the tree line and drove away.
The D.A.'s office said further information regarding the cause and manner of death will be released when available.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, body found, 6at4, local/state
- Search for missing college student from Skippack 47 min ago
- Mostly cloudy, humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home invasion
- 51-year-old man shot and killed in Kensington
- 1 person burned in fast-moving house fire
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos