Bomb threat at the popular Trocadero Theatre
CHINATOWN - August 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials vow to track down the person who sent a bomb threat to the Trocadero Theatre in the Chinatown section of Philadelphia Wednesday evening.
Homeland Security, FBI agents and the Philadelphia police were called to the Trocadero around 6:30 p.m. in the 1000 block of Arch Street.
Police say, the theatre and one local media outlet received the threat via email.
Officials scoured the area for more than an hour, bringing in a K-9 unit to help with the search.
It was determined that the site was clear of any explosive devices and the night's scheduled show went on as planned.
bomb scare, theater, philadelphia, local/state
- Screaming vandal smashes police car windows 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 50 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 11 min ago
- Couple attacked by cat say they'll get it help
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New Castle
52 min ago
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
11 min ago