Bomb threat at the popular Trocadero Theatre
CHINATOWN - August 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials vow to track down the person who sent a bomb threat to the Trocadero Theatre in the Chinatown section of Philadelphia Wednesday evening.
Homeland Security, FBI agents and the Philadelphia police were called to the Trocadero around 6:30 p.m. in the 1000 block of Arch Street.
Police say, the theatre and one local media outlet received the threat via email.
Officials scoured the area for more than an hour, bringing in a K-9 unit to help with the search.
It was determined that the site was clear of any explosive devices and the night's scheduled show went on as planned.
bomb scare, theater, philadelphia, local/state
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard 44 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry 43 min ago