Bomb threat at the popular Trocadero Theatre
CHINATOWN - August 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials vow to track down the person who sent a bomb threat to the Trocadero Theatre in the Chinatown section of Philadelphia Wednesday evening.
Homeland Security, FBI agents and the Philadelphia police were called to the Trocadero around 6:30 p.m. in the 1000 block of Arch Street.
Police say, the theatre and one local media outlet received the threat via email.
Officials scoured the area for more than an hour, bringing in a K-9 unit to help with the search.
It was determined that the site was clear of any explosive devices and the night's scheduled show went on as planned.
bomb scare, theater, philadelphia, local/state
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Delco girl still awaiting transplant 18-months later
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Neighbor rescues woman in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; hundreds rescued
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos