Vehicles collide, striking gas main in East Mt. Airy
EAST MOUNT AIRY - August 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Fire crews are on the scene of a gas leak in the East Mount Airy section of Philadelphia Thursday morning.
Officials say, a two car accident involving an SUV and taxi cab have caused a gas leak near the intersection of Stenton Avenue and East Washington Lane.
According to sources, around 5:00 a.m. the taxi-cab struck a PGW gas main.
The Philadelphia fire department was called in to monitor the leak.
PGW crews have been dispatched to the area to stop the leak and make repairs.
So far, there are no reports of evacuations or injuries.
gas leak, accident, east mount airy, philadelphia, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd 37 min ago
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 12 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball