Vehicles collide, striking gas main in East Mt. Airy
EAST MOUNT AIRY - August 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Fire crews are on the scene of a gas leak in the East Mount Airy section of Philadelphia Thursday morning.
Officials say, a two car accident involving an SUV and taxi cab have caused a gas leak near the intersection of Stenton Avenue and East Washington Lane.
According to sources, around 5:00 a.m. the taxi-cab struck a PGW gas main.
The Philadelphia fire department was called in to monitor the leak.
PGW crews have been dispatched to the area to stop the leak and make repairs.
So far, there are no reports of evacuations or injuries.
gas leak, accident, east mount airy, philadelphia, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy 7 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police shoot at suspected carjacker in SW Philadelphia 7 min ago
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
7 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos