Vehicles collide, striking gas main in East Mt. Airy
EAST MOUNT AIRY - August 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Fire crews are on the scene of a gas leak in the East Mount Airy section of Philadelphia Thursday morning.
Officials say, a two car accident involving an SUV and taxi cab have caused a gas leak near the intersection of Stenton Avenue and East Washington Lane.
According to sources, around 5:00 a.m. the taxi-cab struck a PGW gas main.
The Philadelphia fire department was called in to monitor the leak.
PGW crews have been dispatched to the area to stop the leak and make repairs.
So far, there are no reports of evacuations or injuries.
gas leak, accident, east mount airy, philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose