Victim critically injured in Oxford Circle shooting
OXFORD CIRCLE - August 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man is hospitalized in critical condition after being pelted with gunfire in Philadelphia's Oxford Circle section.
The shooting happened around 11:20 p.m. Wednesday at the intersection of Loretto Avenue and Stirling Street.
The victim suffered multiple bullet wounds to the back and lower extremities. He was rushed by Philadelphia fire medics to Albert Einstein Medical Center for treatment.
Police so far have no suspects or a motive.
oxford circle, philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos