4-year-old bitten by python in Carbon Co
LEHIGHTON, Pa. - August 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 4-year-old Pennsylvania girl is recovering from a python attack.
It happened Wednesday in Lehighton, Carbon County.
The snake was a family pet.
4-year-old Aerielle was playing with it when it latched onto her and bit her chest. It was on so tight that police had to cut it off the girl.
They immediately rushed her to the hospital.
Pythons aren't venomous so she is doing fine, other than a few scratches.
The family says they are getting rid of the rest of their pet snakes.
pennsylvania, animal attacks, local/state
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 55 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 37 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup 50 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course 42 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 46 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 35 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
37 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
55 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
52 min ago