4-year-old bitten by python in Carbon Co
LEHIGHTON, Pa. - August 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 4-year-old Pennsylvania girl is recovering from a python attack.
It happened Wednesday in Lehighton, Carbon County.
The snake was a family pet.
4-year-old Aerielle was playing with it when it latched onto her and bit her chest. It was on so tight that police had to cut it off the girl.
They immediately rushed her to the hospital.
Pythons aren't venomous so she is doing fine, other than a few scratches.
The family says they are getting rid of the rest of their pet snakes.
pennsylvania, animal attacks, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 10 min ago
- Temps Soar 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student 6 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 8 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar
4 min ago