Wife charged in NJ crash that killed husband
PLEASANTVILLE, N.J. - August 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- A woman has been charged following a crash in Pleasantville, New Jersey that left her husband dead.
Allison Hawks Nasta, 28, of Manchester, New Hampshire, was charged with driving while having a suspended driver's license (and being involved in a fatal accident), possession of drug paraphernalia and other charges.
The crash, which was caught on surveillance camera, happened Tuesday afternoon on the Black Horse Pike.
The Atlantic County prosecutor's office said Nasta lost control of her minivan between Chestnut Avenue and Route 9, crossed lanes of traffic and collided with large sign post.
Nasta's husband, 34-year-old William Nasta, was riding in the front passenger seat and was killed.
The couple's two daughters, a 5-year-old and a 3-month-old, who was in a car seat, were seated in the rear of the vehicle and were not seriously hurt.
Nasta was processed and released on summons to appear in court.
accident, new jersey, atlantic county, local/state
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office shooting ID'd 17 min ago
- Stormy to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps 43 min ago
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure 21 min ago
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- 2 sought in Rehoboth Beach credit card fraud 39 min ago
- Man accused of sexual relationship with teen niece
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia 41 min ago
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
- 2 sought in Rehoboth Beach credit card fraud
39 min ago
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps
43 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos