Wife charged in NJ crash that killed husband
PLEASANTVILLE, N.J. - August 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- A woman has been charged following a crash in Pleasantville, New Jersey that left her husband dead.
Allison Hawks Nasta, 28, of Manchester, New Hampshire, was charged with driving while having a suspended driver's license (and being involved in a fatal accident), possession of drug paraphernalia and other charges.
The crash, which was caught on surveillance camera, happened Tuesday afternoon on the Black Horse Pike.
The Atlantic County prosecutor's office said Nasta lost control of her minivan between Chestnut Avenue and Route 9, crossed lanes of traffic and collided with large sign post.
Nasta's husband, 34-year-old William Nasta, was riding in the front passenger seat and was killed.
The couple's two daughters, a 5-year-old and a 3-month-old, who was in a car seat, were seated in the rear of the vehicle and were not seriously hurt.
Nasta was processed and released on summons to appear in court.
accident, new jersey, atlantic county, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans 42 min ago
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos