Man, wife, dogs dead in apparent NJ murder-suicide
COMMERCIAL TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) - August 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Jersey State Police say a Cumberland County woman apparently killed her husband, two dogs and herself.
Commercial Township public works employees went to Scott Rector's home Wednesday after Rector had not reported for work all week.
State Police Lt. Stephen Jones says they entered the trailer after smelling a foul odor and found the bodies on the bed. A handgun was also found on the bed.
The dogs, 30-year-old Scott Rector and his 28-year-old wife all had single gunshot wounds.
Jones says Stacy Rector left a note, but he would not disclose the contents.
homicide, suicide, new jersey, local/state
- Ocean County forest fire fully contained
- Clouds increase today, showers this evening 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of New Jersey forest fires
- House gutted in South Philadelphia blaze 20 min ago
- Warning about dating apps after violent crimes
- Eye doctor, daughter post bail after pot bust
- Wedding crashers apologize to bride
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- 1 dead after motorcycle, vehicle collide in Wilmington
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- Clouds increase today, showers this evening
46 min ago
- House gutted in South Philadelphia blaze
20 min ago