Man, wife, dogs dead in apparent NJ murder-suicide
COMMERCIAL TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) - August 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Jersey State Police say a Cumberland County woman apparently killed her husband, two dogs and herself.
Commercial Township public works employees went to Scott Rector's home Wednesday after Rector had not reported for work all week.
State Police Lt. Stephen Jones says they entered the trailer after smelling a foul odor and found the bodies on the bed. A handgun was also found on the bed.
The dogs, 30-year-old Scott Rector and his 28-year-old wife all had single gunshot wounds.
Jones says Stacy Rector left a note, but he would not disclose the contents.
homicide, suicide, new jersey, local/state
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 11 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more