Police ID man's body recovered from Delaware River in Tacony
TACONY - August 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police have identified a man's body found in the Delaware River.
Officers found the body of 22-year-old Johnathan Mendoza of Philadelphia floating in the river Thursday morning.
The discovery was made near the 5300 block of Tacony Street in the Tacony section of Philadelphia.
Mendoza was last seen Monday morning at his residence in the 900 block of East Tioga Street.
In a missing persons bulletin sent out Wednesday, police said Mendoza "may be suffering from depression."
The investigation into his death continues.
philadelphia, tacony, body found, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases