Police ID man's body recovered from Delaware River in Tacony
TACONY - August 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police have identified a man's body found in the Delaware River.
Officers found the body of 22-year-old Johnathan Mendoza of Philadelphia floating in the river Thursday morning.
The discovery was made near the 5300 block of Tacony Street in the Tacony section of Philadelphia.
Mendoza was last seen Monday morning at his residence in the 900 block of East Tioga Street.
In a missing persons bulletin sent out Wednesday, police said Mendoza "may be suffering from depression."
The investigation into his death continues.
philadelphia, tacony, body found, local/state
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect 13 min ago
- A Nice Stretch 5 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot...
13 min ago