Bear sightings on the rise in Bucks County, Pa.
TINICUM TWP., Pa. - August 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- They are on the lookout for bears in one Bucks County community.
Tinicum Township Police say there have been several bear sightings over the last several weeks and three in the last two days alone.
The most recent happened Wednesday morning at 9:00 a.m. along Uhlerstown Hill Road in Tinicum.
Two other reports came in the night before, on Tuesday at 5:45 p.m. in the 100 block of Municipal Road.
Residents are reminded not to approach or try to feed wild bears.
If you see one, contact police or local animal control officials.
pennsylvania, bears, bucks county, local/state
- SUVs collide in Torresdale, 1 seriously injured 10 min ago
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack
- Woods: Garcia comment hurtful, time to move on
- Body of WWII hero returns home after 69 years