Reward increases to $50K in Society Hill murder
SOCIETY HILL - August 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have announced a reward increase for information leading to an arrest and conviction in the murder of a Philadelphia man.
A $50,000 reward, up from $40,000, is being offered to find those responsible for the murder of 32-year-old Michael Hagan.
Hagan was murdered in Society Hill at 4th and Lombard streets, near South Street, in the early morning hours of July 1st.
Michael Hagan had been out with a couple of friends at Morgan's Pier on the waterfront.
They jumped in a cab and got out at 4th and Lombard streets.
Police say that is when Michael was robbed and shot.
Officers found Michael suffering from a gunshot wound to the chest in the 400 block of South 4th Street. He later died at the hospital.
His parents say Michael's wallet, keys and credit cards were missing.
Michael Hagan was a Drexel graduate who decided to stay, renovating a home in Fishtown.
He worked as an IT consultant for a major accounting firm.
"He loved the city, he loved everything about it, the energy, the action of the city," Michael Sr. said.
Michael's parents say they were able to raise the reward money because of a memorial fundraiser.
You can make an anonymous call to either 215-546-TIPS or 215-686-TIPS.
philadelphia, assault, society hill, homicide, local/state
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend 21 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
21 min ago