Search for Chester Co. credit union robbery suspect
UWCHLAN TWP., Pa. - August 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Chester County are investigating the robbery of the Keystone Federal Credit Union in Downingtown.
At around 11:30 a.m., Uwchlan Township Police Department responded to the report of the robbery at 370 West Uwchlan Avenue.
While officers were responding to the scene, they were informed by radio that the suspect had fled on foot.
The suspect, who was captured on security camera, is described as a black male, possibly in his mid-20s. approximately 5' 5, medium build, with a mustache. He was wearing a green Philadelphia Eagles sweatshirt or pullover with "Eagles Football" written on the front, a green Philadelphia Eagles baseball cap with the Eagles logo on the front of it, tan pants and white sneakers.
Police say during the course of the robbery, the suspect approached the teller's counter and spoke with the teller briefly. He then handed the teller a note announcing the robbery.
The suspect then handed the teller a yellow plastic bag to put the money into.
The teller complied with the suspect's demands and placed the money in the bag.
The suspect then left the bank on foot.
A witness later told the police that the suspect got into a tan sedan and fled the area.
The witness reported that the trunk lid on the sedan was not closed as the suspect fled and that there appeared to be something in the trunk preventing the trunk lid from closing.
Anyone with information is asked to call police.
pennsylvania, chester county, robbery, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 1 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- Florida Rep. Radel returns from rehab
34 min ago