Search for Chester Co. credit union robbery suspect
UWCHLAN TWP., Pa. - August 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Chester County are investigating the robbery of the Keystone Federal Credit Union in Downingtown.
At around 11:30 a.m., Uwchlan Township Police Department responded to the report of the robbery at 370 West Uwchlan Avenue.
While officers were responding to the scene, they were informed by radio that the suspect had fled on foot.
The suspect, who was captured on security camera, is described as a black male, possibly in his mid-20s. approximately 5' 5, medium build, with a mustache. He was wearing a green Philadelphia Eagles sweatshirt or pullover with "Eagles Football" written on the front, a green Philadelphia Eagles baseball cap with the Eagles logo on the front of it, tan pants and white sneakers.
Police say during the course of the robbery, the suspect approached the teller's counter and spoke with the teller briefly. He then handed the teller a note announcing the robbery.
The suspect then handed the teller a yellow plastic bag to put the money into.
The teller complied with the suspect's demands and placed the money in the bag.
The suspect then left the bank on foot.
A witness later told the police that the suspect got into a tan sedan and fled the area.
The witness reported that the trunk lid on the sedan was not closed as the suspect fled and that there appeared to be something in the trunk preventing the trunk lid from closing.
Anyone with information is asked to call police.
pennsylvania, chester county, robbery, local/state
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos