Woman shot, killed while sitting in car
KENSINGTON - August 31, 2102 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a shooting in the Kensington section of Philadelphia that left one woman dead.
Police were called out to an accident scene at the corner of Jasper and Lippencott Streets just before 10:00 p.m. Friday.
Responding officers arrived to find a woman in the car shot in the chest. Police have not released whether she was the driver or the passenger.
She was rushed to Temple University Hospital where she was later pronounced dead.
The shooting is under investigation.
shooting, kensington, philadelphia, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 9 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 32 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police