DA drops charges in rec center rape case
PHILADELPHIA - August 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors have withdrawn charges against five young teens charged with raping a 12-year-old girl at a Philadelphia recreation center.
The Philadelphia district attorney's office said Friday that an investigation determined there was not enough evidence to pursue charges in this case.
The 14- and 15-year-old boys had been charged with raping the girl in a stairwell at a busy recreation center on the evening of July 16. They were on house arrest and were supposed to stand trial next month.
Prosecutors did not elaborate on why the charges were dropped.
philadelphia, rape, teens, local/state
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office shooting ID'd
- Stormy to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- 2 sought in Rehoboth Beach credit card fraud
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos