DA drops charges in rec center rape case
PHILADELPHIA - August 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors have withdrawn charges against five young teens charged with raping a 12-year-old girl at a Philadelphia recreation center.
The Philadelphia district attorney's office said Friday that an investigation determined there was not enough evidence to pursue charges in this case.
The 14- and 15-year-old boys had been charged with raping the girl in a stairwell at a busy recreation center on the evening of July 16. They were on house arrest and were supposed to stand trial next month.
Prosecutors did not elaborate on why the charges were dropped.
philadelphia, rape, teens, local/state
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville 33 min ago
- Brisk And Cold 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 21 min ago
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large 22 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 26 min ago
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Brisk And Cold
19 min ago
- Raising healthy kids: Radiation exposure
4 min ago
- Truck stuck under RR overpass in Bensalem
12 min ago
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect...
22 min ago