Carjacking pursuit ends in head-on crash, 5 hurt
LOGAN - August 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- A police chase through Philadelphia's Logan section ended in a head-on collision early Friday, leaving five people injured.
The crash happened just after midnight at the intersection of 20th Street and Belfield Avenue.
Police say two juveniles, one male and one female, carjacked the owner of a Toyota Avalon at gunpoint.
Officers were engaged in a pursuit of the stolen car when it crashed head-on into a Mazda. Another car, a Cadillac then rear-ended the Mazda.
At least 5 people were injured, including the two suspects.
They were all taken to area hospitals and listed in stable condition.
The teen suspects are facing a variety of charges.
accident, carjacking, police chase, logan, philadelphia, local/state
- Crews race to find tornado survivors; 24 dead
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today 40 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Local help on the way for tornado victims
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help
- Street-level interactive weather map
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del. 41 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- SUV crashes when dog gets stuck in steering wheel
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos