N.J. State Police to add patrols for holiday weekend
TRENTON, N.J. - August 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Jersey State Police say they will have 150 extra troopers patrolling the state over the long Labor Day weekend
The aim is to deter unsafe driving by looking for intoxicated and distracted drivers.
Col. Rick Fuentes says troopers will also be on the lookout for fatigued drivers. He also says troopers will be out in force on waterways.
Officials also say traffic could be heavy, particularly on routes to the Jersey shore. Construction on the Walt Whitman Bridge could make the way out of Philadelphia especially congested and slow-going.
holidays, new jersey, local/state
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft 45 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line 30 min ago
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet 9 min ago
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Local men reflects on meeting with Mandela
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as learning tool