N.J. State Police to add patrols for holiday weekend
TRENTON, N.J. - August 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Jersey State Police say they will have 150 extra troopers patrolling the state over the long Labor Day weekend
The aim is to deter unsafe driving by looking for intoxicated and distracted drivers.
Col. Rick Fuentes says troopers will also be on the lookout for fatigued drivers. He also says troopers will be out in force on waterways.
Officials also say traffic could be heavy, particularly on routes to the Jersey shore. Construction on the Walt Whitman Bridge could make the way out of Philadelphia especially congested and slow-going.
holidays, new jersey, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Couple accused of letting 2-year-old smoke pot
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 36 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity 26 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more