Penn State ex-wrestler sentenced for sex assault
BELLEFONTE, Pa. (AP) - August 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- A former Penn State wrestler will spend a year in jail for sexually assaulting a sleeping woman.
Twenty-three-year-old Andrew Long was sentenced Thursday in Centre County. He had pleaded guilty to aggravated indecent assault.
The Centre Daily Times reports Long apologized in court to the victim. She had been sleeping after moving her son into an apartment in State College in August 2011.
Long had been a key member of Penn State's championship wrestling team earlier that year. He finished third at 133 pounds.
Defense attorney Tony DeBoef says Long has been in a treatment program in his home state of Iowa.
sex assault, pennsylvania, local/state
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered
- Winds Ease Overnight 29 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera 9 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school 35 min ago
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Winds Ease Overnight
29 min ago