Penn State ex-wrestler sentenced for sex assault
BELLEFONTE, Pa. (AP) - August 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- A former Penn State wrestler will spend a year in jail for sexually assaulting a sleeping woman.
Twenty-three-year-old Andrew Long was sentenced Thursday in Centre County. He had pleaded guilty to aggravated indecent assault.
The Centre Daily Times reports Long apologized in court to the victim. She had been sleeping after moving her son into an apartment in State College in August 2011.
Long had been a key member of Penn State's championship wrestling team earlier that year. He finished third at 133 pounds.
Defense attorney Tony DeBoef says Long has been in a treatment program in his home state of Iowa.
sex assault, pennsylvania, local/state
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Wintry Weekend 37 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Female suspect arrested in Christmas package theft
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Local men reflects on meeting with Mandela 15 min ago
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as learning tool
- Freebie Friday
- Runyan's son follows in dad's footsteps
35 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
37 min ago