Police: Man stabbed prostitute's boyfriend
SMYRNA, Del. - August 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say the boyfriend of a woman who was offering her services as a prostitute was stabbed when he interrupted the encounter.
The boyfriend was one of two people stabbed at the Colonial Hotel at 13 E. Commerce St. on Thursday afternoon in Smyrna, Delaware.
According to the police the 52-year-old victim, and his girlfriend, agreed that she would have sex with another man for money to pay rent.
However, at some point, police say the boyfriend entered the room and interrupted the encounter, causing an argument.
According to investigators, that's when the suspect, 22-year-old Michael Nunn, grabbed a knife and stabbed the boyfriend ten times before fleeing.
During his escape, police say a 55-year-old man was blocking the hallway and Nunn stabbed him in the chest.
Nunn fled on a motorcycle, police say, but was arrested just north of Leipsic on Route 12.
Nunn was trying to get rid of cocaine when he was arrested, police say.
The 52-year-old victim was last reported to be in stable condition, while the 55-year-old victim was treated and released.
Nunn was charged with attempted murder first degree, possession of a deadly weapon during the commission of a felony, possession of a deadly weapon by a person prohibited, assault second degree, possession of cocaine, fail to stop on command and other traffic charges.
Nunn was arraigned and was ordered to be held on $13,600 secured bond.
delaware, new castle county, stabbing, local/state
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays 36 min ago
- Video: Downed power line in Lower Merion
- Video: Katherine Scott reports on icy AM conditions
- Video: John Rawlins reports on a slushy start
- Obama heading to South Africa 15 min ago
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally 58 min ago
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
21 min ago