Police: Man stabbed prostitute's boyfriend
SMYRNA, Del. - August 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say the boyfriend of a woman who was offering her services as a prostitute was stabbed when he interrupted the encounter.
The boyfriend was one of two people stabbed at the Colonial Hotel at 13 E. Commerce St. on Thursday afternoon in Smyrna, Delaware.
According to the police the 52-year-old victim, and his girlfriend, agreed that she would have sex with another man for money to pay rent.
However, at some point, police say the boyfriend entered the room and interrupted the encounter, causing an argument.
According to investigators, that's when the suspect, 22-year-old Michael Nunn, grabbed a knife and stabbed the boyfriend ten times before fleeing.
During his escape, police say a 55-year-old man was blocking the hallway and Nunn stabbed him in the chest.
Nunn fled on a motorcycle, police say, but was arrested just north of Leipsic on Route 12.
Nunn was trying to get rid of cocaine when he was arrested, police say.
The 52-year-old victim was last reported to be in stable condition, while the 55-year-old victim was treated and released.
Nunn was charged with attempted murder first degree, possession of a deadly weapon during the commission of a felony, possession of a deadly weapon by a person prohibited, assault second degree, possession of cocaine, fail to stop on command and other traffic charges.
Nunn was arraigned and was ordered to be held on $13,600 secured bond.
delaware, new castle county, stabbing, local/state
- Lockdown at high school in Bethlehem
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 14 min ago
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden 42 min ago
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 2 min ago
- DA: Montco man gave alcohol at 'Sweet 16' party 9 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 15 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos