NJ State Police resume search for missing boater
WILDWOOD, N.J. - August 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Jersey State Police have resumed their search for a police officer who went missing from his boat off the coast of Wildwood.
Middle Township patrolman Jason Sill of Cape May was last seen in his boat around 9:30 a.m. Monday.
Around 10:45 a.m., another boater reported finding his boat unoccupied in the ocean a mile from shore.
State police say several boats resumed a search Friday morning. The Coast Guard had suspended its search late Tuesday.
The 39-year-old Sill of Cape May Courthouse is married and has an 18-year-old daughter. His wife Madonna is a Middle Township police dispatcher.
Friends say Sill is an avid fisherman who usually takes a companion when he take his boat out.
Anyone with information regarding the boater's whereabouts is asked to contact the Coast Guard at 215-271-4940.
new jersey, cape may county, missing boater, local/state
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay 11 min ago
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast 27 min ago
- US Airways, American merger complete 32 min ago
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations 46 min ago
- Obama heading to South Africa 22 min ago
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being shot 49 min ago
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
2 min ago
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being...
49 min ago