Man struck by SEPTA train near Fern Rock
FERN ROCK - August 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- One person was rushed to the hospital after getting struck by a train near SEPTA's Fern Rock station.
It happened shortly before 3:00 Friday afternoon at the station located at 11th and Nedro streets.
Authorities say a 37-year-old man was struck and taken to Albert Einstein Hospital with unstable vitals.
SEPTA officials confirmed that the accident happened on the Broad Street Line.
Service on SEPTA's Broad Street Line was shut down briefly but has since resumed.
An investigation continues.
philadelphia, pedestrian struck, train accident, accident, SEPTA, local/state
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off 51 min ago
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- 10 more bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers 31 min ago
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody!
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Woman's body found in Berks County
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police