Thousand spend Labor Day weekend at the shore
SEA ISLE CITY, N.J. - September 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Thousands of people are spending the last weekend of the summer season at the Jersey Shore.
Even with a little cloud cover, most of them were determined to savor every drop of the Jersey Shore weather.
The beach activity began dying down around 7:00 p.m., but the boardwalk activity began to pick up. A lot of people saying the beautiful weather has made for a great family weekend, so far.
Catching a solid wave before the summer season comes to a close, people enjoyed a day on the beaches of Sea Isle City
"We only got here an hour ago, but it's wonderful so far. We had a nice drive down without too much traffic," said Dan Farren.
The roads may have been clear, but traffic on the waterways was very busy.
"There were a lot of boats, a lot canoes, and a lot sailboats," said Sandie Dwyer.
There were even paddle boarders taking it slow and steady through the bay.
"The water this year alone has been very inviting to people to come in and boat and fish and ski," said Ron Fenning.
Ron Fenning is with the Sea Isle Marina, and says the water has been holding steady at 80 degrees.
His co-worker Sally says the marina has been reeling in big business this season thanks to a generous Mother Nature.
"Look at the weather. The weather has been unbelievably. We had beautiful weather," she said.
It has been a nice summer, and with several very hot days thrown in this summer, it makes sense that boaters have taken full advantage the season; especially during this last holiday weekend when summer unofficially comes to an end.
jersey shore, new jersey, local/state, jennifer joyce
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington 59 min ago
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Beyonce releases new album on iTunes