Thousand spend Labor Day weekend at the shore
SEA ISLE CITY, N.J. - September 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Thousands of people are spending the last weekend of the summer season at the Jersey Shore.
Even with a little cloud cover, most of them were determined to savor every drop of the Jersey Shore weather.
The beach activity began dying down around 7:00 p.m., but the boardwalk activity began to pick up. A lot of people saying the beautiful weather has made for a great family weekend, so far.
Catching a solid wave before the summer season comes to a close, people enjoyed a day on the beaches of Sea Isle City
"We only got here an hour ago, but it's wonderful so far. We had a nice drive down without too much traffic," said Dan Farren.
The roads may have been clear, but traffic on the waterways was very busy.
"There were a lot of boats, a lot canoes, and a lot sailboats," said Sandie Dwyer.
There were even paddle boarders taking it slow and steady through the bay.
"The water this year alone has been very inviting to people to come in and boat and fish and ski," said Ron Fenning.
Ron Fenning is with the Sea Isle Marina, and says the water has been holding steady at 80 degrees.
His co-worker Sally says the marina has been reeling in big business this season thanks to a generous Mother Nature.
"Look at the weather. The weather has been unbelievably. We had beautiful weather," she said.
It has been a nice summer, and with several very hot days thrown in this summer, it makes sense that boaters have taken full advantage the season; especially during this last holiday weekend when summer unofficially comes to an end.
jersey shore, new jersey, local/state, jennifer joyce
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ