Woman robbed, shot in Kensington
KENSINGTON - September 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating the robbery and shooting of a woman in the Kensington section of the city.
It happened around 12:20 Saturday morning near the intersection of Emerald and East Cumberland streets.
Authorities say the woman was approached by two males who demanded money from her.
During the robbery, the 28-year-old victim was shot twice in the back. She was taken to Temple University Hospital in stable condition.
Police are still searching for both suspects.
philadelphia, kensington, shooting, robbery, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend! 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Suspect sketch in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 15 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
1 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos