Woman robbed, shot in Kensington
KENSINGTON - September 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating the robbery and shooting of a woman in the Kensington section of the city.
It happened around 12:20 Saturday morning near the intersection of Emerald and East Cumberland streets.
Authorities say the woman was approached by two males who demanded money from her.
During the robbery, the 28-year-old victim was shot twice in the back. She was taken to Temple University Hospital in stable condition.
Police are still searching for both suspects.
philadelphia, kensington, shooting, robbery, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 54 min ago
- Temps Soar 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 14 min ago
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
13 min ago
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila...
14 min ago