NJ man dies after fight outside Jimmy Buffett concert
CAMDEN, N.J. - September 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a southern New Jersey man who was seriously injured in a fight outside a Jimmy Buffett concert in Camden this week has died.
Camden County Prosecutor's Office spokesman Jason Laughlin says 20-year-old Ryan Coyle of Bellmawr died Friday night at Cooper Hospital in Camden. But a cause of death has not been disclosed.
Authorities say the victim fell and hit his head on the pavement when an acquaintance came up behind him and punched him. Authorities have not said what sparked the fight, which occurred in a parking lot before Tuesday night's concert at the Susquehanna Bank Center in Camden.
The alleged assailant, 21-year-old Matthew Shields of Westville, has been charged with aggravated assault. Laughlin says prosecutors haven't decided whether Shields will face upgraded charges following Coyle's death.The Colye family issued a statement Saturday saying, "Words are not enough to express the feeling of grief and loss that we have in losing Ryan. Ryan was gentle, kind, loving, full of laughter and goofiness. Ryan shared so many special moments with us that it would take up way too much space to share, but those moments will be written in our hearts for the rest of our lives. We appreciate the support and prayers of so many who have reached out, and we ask that you continue to pray for healing and peace."
new jersey, camden county, fight, local/state
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 36 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, traps parents in room 22 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
36 min ago
- Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
22 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos