New Jersey produce company recalls mango products
NEW YORK (AP) - September 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- A New Jersey produce company recalled a number of products distributed in the Northeast that contained fresh-cut mangoes Saturday because of potential salmonella contamination.
The products in question have an expiration date of Aug. 28, but the company, F&S Produce Co. Inc., working with the Food and Drug Administration, issued the voluntary recall regardless.
No illnesses have been reporting in relation to products from F&S Produce, of Rosenhayn, N.J. Federal health officials are investigating 103 known cases of salmonella infection not related to the recall Saturday.
The measure follows a recall by Splendid Products of five lots of mangoes imported from Mexico. The mangoes carry the Daniella brand sticker. Health officials in the U.S. and Canada are trying to figure out which brands or sources of mangoes caused the illnesses with other products. No deaths have been reported.
F&S said that products with mangoes that fall under the recall were distributed to grocery and convenience stores in the Northeast. The mangoes, which were processed between Aug. 9 and Aug. 19, used mangoes sourced from Mexico that are part of a current salmonella outbreak.
"Products produced with use-by or sell-By dates of August 29 or later, have been processed using mangoes sourced from Brazil, and are not associated with this recall," the company said in a statement.
F&S Produce notified customers who received the recalled products directly and requested that they be pulled from store shelves.Following are products recalled by F&S Produce by label, all with an expiration date of Aug. 28, unless otherwise noted:
Delish!: Mango Spears 5 ounce Cantaloupe; Mango, Pineapple Spears 5 ounce; Fruit Burst 10 ounce; Tropical Medley 10 ounce; Mango and Berry Mix 10 ounce; Mango Spears 1 lb.
Garden Highway: Mango Medley 1 lb.; Tropical Mango Spinach Salad 7 ounce.
Garden Pure: Mango Chunks 5 lb.; Mango 9 ounce ; Fruit Medley 3 lb.; Seasonal Fruit Bowl 4 lb.
Signature Café: Fruit Basket Medley 30 ounce.
Trader Joe's: Tropical Fruit Medley 1 lb.
Generic Label, sold at Wal-Mart (expiration date Aug. 25): Mango Spears 1 lb.
recall, new jersey, local/state
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Mostly cloudy, humid today 19 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home invasion
- Victim ID'd in Deptford Township arson
- Penn State penalities from Sandusky case argued
- Housekeeper sentenced for Ben Franklin bust theft
- $1 million Powerball ticket sold in North Wales, Pa.
- 51-year-old man shot and killed in Kensington
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Sea Lion Worried About Little Girl
- Mostly cloudy, humid today
19 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos