2 pedestrians struck, killed in Rehoboth Beach
REHOBOTH BEACH, Del. - September 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say two people are dead after they were struck and killed while walking along a highway in Rehoboth Beach.
It happened around 2:20 Sunday morning along Coastal Highway just south of John J. Williams Highway.
Police say 33-year-old Scott M. Emory and 28-year-old Cheryl M. Dunn-Winchester were walking across the southbound lanes of Coastal Highway.
A 2000 Volkswagen Jetta driven by 25-year-old Lisa M. Governa was also going southbound when the vehicle struck the two pedestrians.
Both victims were pronounced dead at the scene. The driver was uninjured.
Governa did stop in a nearby parking lot.
Police say the area where the crash occurred is dimly lit and both pedestrians were not walking in a crosswalk.
delaware, rehoboth beach, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars 42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases 24 min ago
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire