Police officer's gun discharges in Hunting Park
HUNTING PARK - September 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police Internal Affairs is investigating the report of a police officer's gun discharge in Hunting Park early Monday morning.
Sources say the incident happened just before 3:00 a.m. on the 400 block of Purdy Street.
Police SWAT teams were on location when the shot was fired.
There were no injuries to police and the investigation continues to determine why the shot was fired.
hunting park, police, philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors 20 min ago
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila. 12 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook
- Stolen Xmas decorations returned in Berks Co.
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Upping Saturday's snowfall projections
23 min ago