Man's body found in woman's clothes in Frankford
FRANKFORD - September 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating the discovery of a man's body dressed in women's clothing in the city's Frankford section.
Police say the body was found shortly after 5:00 a.m. Monday in a wooded area behind a shopping center in the 1100 block of Adams Avenue.
The victim had been shot once in the head.
Police tell Action News the man appeared to be wearing women's clothes when he was shot.
Investigators are still working to identify the victim.
body found, frankford, philadelphia, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos