Man's body found in woman's clothes in Frankford
FRANKFORD - September 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating the discovery of a man's body dressed in women's clothing in the city's Frankford section.
Police say the body was found shortly after 5:00 a.m. Monday in a wooded area behind a shopping center in the 1100 block of Adams Avenue.
The victim had been shot once in the head.
Police tell Action News the man appeared to be wearing women's clothes when he was shot.
Investigators are still working to identify the victim.
body found, frankford, philadelphia, local/state
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Body found on side of road in Wilmington 30 min ago
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Reward offered after dogs found in trash bags 37 min ago
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash