Phila. Labor Day parade honors workers
PHILADELPHIA - September 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- The parade kicked off Monday morning at Columbus Boulevard and Washington Avenue.
Thousands of union members and their families braved the elements to march north to Penn's Landing.
It was all in support of the area's organized labor movement.
Once the march reached Penn's Landing, a day-long festival got underway.
Lots of music, food, and fun for local unions and their supporters Monday along the Philadelphia waterfront.
labor day, holidays, philadelphia, local/state
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing 38 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash
- Woman's body found in Berks County 32 min ago
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 8 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser