Phila. Labor Day parade honors workers
PHILADELPHIA - September 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- The parade kicked off Monday morning at Columbus Boulevard and Washington Avenue.
Thousands of union members and their families braved the elements to march north to Penn's Landing.
It was all in support of the area's organized labor movement.
Once the march reached Penn's Landing, a day-long festival got underway.
Lots of music, food, and fun for local unions and their supporters Monday along the Philadelphia waterfront.
labor day, holidays, philadelphia, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed