Phila. Labor Day parade honors workers
PHILADELPHIA - September 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- The parade kicked off Monday morning at Columbus Boulevard and Washington Avenue.
Thousands of union members and their families braved the elements to march north to Penn's Landing.
It was all in support of the area's organized labor movement.
Once the march reached Penn's Landing, a day-long festival got underway.
Lots of music, food, and fun for local unions and their supporters Monday along the Philadelphia waterfront.
labor day, holidays, philadelphia, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 2 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 6 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 6 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 6 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
2 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
6 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
6 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos