Teenage girl kidnapped, robbed, raped at gunpoint in Spring Garden
PHILADELPHIA - September 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating the report of an abduction and rape at gunpoint.
It happened at 7:45 a.m. Monday at 8th and Spring Garden Streets.
A woman in her late teens told police she was forced into a gray Ford Crown Victoria sedan at gunpoint, robbed and sexually assaulted, then dropped off in the 5000 block of Whitaker Avenue in the Juniata Park section of Philadelphia.
She is being treated at Episcopal Hospital.
The victim describes her attacker as an African-American man with a thin build, about 25 years old. He was last seen wearing a white shirt, jeans and black sneakers.
Anyone with information on the case is asked to call the Philadelphia Police Special Victims Unit at 215-685-3251.
philadelphia, abduction, rape, spring garden, juniata park, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!