Teenage girl kidnapped, robbed, raped at gunpoint in Spring Garden
PHILADELPHIA - September 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating the report of an abduction and rape at gunpoint.
It happened at 7:45 a.m. Monday at 8th and Spring Garden Streets.
A woman in her late teens told police she was forced into a gray Ford Crown Victoria sedan at gunpoint, robbed and sexually assaulted, then dropped off in the 5000 block of Whitaker Avenue in the Juniata Park section of Philadelphia.
She is being treated at Episcopal Hospital.
The victim describes her attacker as an African-American man with a thin build, about 25 years old. He was last seen wearing a white shirt, jeans and black sneakers.
Anyone with information on the case is asked to call the Philadelphia Police Special Victims Unit at 215-685-3251.
philadelphia, abduction, rape, spring garden, juniata park, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua 16 min ago
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish