Teenage girl kidnapped, robbed, raped at gunpoint in Spring Garden
PHILADELPHIA - September 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating the report of an abduction and rape at gunpoint.
It happened at 7:45 a.m. Monday at 8th and Spring Garden Streets.
A woman in her late teens told police she was forced into a gray Ford Crown Victoria sedan at gunpoint, robbed and sexually assaulted, then dropped off in the 5000 block of Whitaker Avenue in the Juniata Park section of Philadelphia.
She is being treated at Episcopal Hospital.
The victim describes her attacker as an African-American man with a thin build, about 25 years old. He was last seen wearing a white shirt, jeans and black sneakers.
Anyone with information on the case is asked to call the Philadelphia Police Special Victims Unit at 215-685-3251.
philadelphia, abduction, rape, spring garden, juniata park, local/state
- 2 dead in police involved shootings
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Surveillance released in fatal Camden shooting
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Brutal attack in London heightens terror fears
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Finding the perfect bra
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees