Violent crash leaves 1 dead, 2 injured in Bensalem
BENSALEM, Pa. - September 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say illegal street racing may have led to a deadly accident Monday night in Bensalem, Bucks County.
The accident happened at 10:25 p.m. in the 3100 block of Lincoln Highway.
A 2000 Volvo sedan left the northbound lanes of the roadway and rolled several times before making contact with a sign and catching fire.
Police say 19-year-old Michelle Price from North Carolina was killed in the accident. She was sitting in the back seat of the Volvo.
The driver, 19-year-old Aurelio Xhepaj, and the front passenger, 19-year-old Mary Logan, both of Philadelphia, were ejected in the crash. Both were taken to Aria Torresdale Hospital for treatment.
Witnesses tell police that before losing control, the Volvo was racing another vehicle at a high rate of speed.
An off-duty police officer witnessed the race and described the other vehicle as a white Ford Crown Victoria.
Police say based on the preliminary investigation, it does not appear that alcohol was a factor in the accident.
accident, bensalem, pennsylvania, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos