Violent crash leaves 1 dead, 2 injured in Bensalem
BENSALEM, Pa. - September 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say illegal street racing may have led to a deadly accident Monday night in Bensalem, Bucks County.
The accident happened at 10:25 p.m. in the 3100 block of Lincoln Highway.
A 2000 Volvo sedan left the northbound lanes of the roadway and rolled several times before making contact with a sign and catching fire.
Police say 19-year-old Michelle Price from North Carolina was killed in the accident. She was sitting in the back seat of the Volvo.
The driver, 19-year-old Aurelio Xhepaj, and the front passenger, 19-year-old Mary Logan, both of Philadelphia, were ejected in the crash. Both were taken to Aria Torresdale Hospital for treatment.
Witnesses tell police that before losing control, the Volvo was racing another vehicle at a high rate of speed.
An off-duty police officer witnessed the race and described the other vehicle as a white Ford Crown Victoria.
Police say based on the preliminary investigation, it does not appear that alcohol was a factor in the accident.
accident, bensalem, pennsylvania, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 5 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion 6 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
6 min ago