Jury selection begins in wheelchair shooting
WILMINGTON, Del. - September 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Jury selection is under way in the trial of Wilmington man charged with fatally shooting a man who used a wheelchair.
The trial of 32-year-old Medford Holmes began Tuesday at the New Castle County Courthouse.
Holmes is charged with first-degree murder in the April 2011 shooting of 35-year-old Antonio Smith.
Another man was wounded in the shooting.
Smith had been paralyzed after being shot several years earlier.
trial, shooting, delaware, local/state
- Crews race to find tornado survivors; 24 dead
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc 35 min ago
- Local help on the way for tornado victims
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help
- Street-level interactive weather map
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del.
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos