Jury selection begins in wheelchair shooting
WILMINGTON, Del. - September 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Jury selection is under way in the trial of Wilmington man charged with fatally shooting a man who used a wheelchair.
The trial of 32-year-old Medford Holmes began Tuesday at the New Castle County Courthouse.
Holmes is charged with first-degree murder in the April 2011 shooting of 35-year-old Antonio Smith.
Another man was wounded in the shooting.
Smith had been paralyzed after being shot several years earlier.
trial, shooting, delaware, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Finally, a nice weekend! 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Finally, a nice weekend!
1 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos