Wynnefield store robbery caught on tape
WYNNEFIELD - September 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the gunman who was caught on camera during the robbery of a mini market in Philadelphia's Wynnefield section.
The robbery happened at 10:26 a.m. last Thursday at the Community Mini Market located at 1801 Georges Lane.
According to investigators, a man entered the store, immediately produced a handgun and entered the area behind the cash register demanding money.
The store employee complied with the demands, handing over the cash. The gunman took the money and grabbed cigarettes before fleeing the scene.
The suspect is described as a black male, approximately 20 years-of-age, 5'8", 160 pounds, thin build, facial hair with a beard, medium complexion, and wearing a pink shirt and dark khaki shorts.
If you see this suspect do not approach him, contact 911 immediately. To submit a tip to police by telephone, dial 215-686-TIPS (8477) or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
wynnefield, philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting 30 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 1 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 31 min ago
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
1 min ago
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
30 min ago