Kids head back to class in Conshohocken
CONSHOHOCKEN, Pa. - September 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Hurray for a new grade, a new school year at Ridge Park Elementary School in Conshohocken. The buses pulled in around 8:45 a.m. Tuesday full of students and excitement. They all eventually found their way to the cafeteria or gym, where teachers held up signs pointing directing them to their new class.
Third grader Luke Edwin tells Action News, "I'm excited about learning new things."
Luke's classmate Rory Dunleavy explained what she expects from this year's curriculum, saying, "I think I'm going to be learning a lot of times facts, more upper case cursive, and that stuff."
The excitement doesn't end with the students. Ridge Park Elementary Principal Dr. Michael McKenna explains, "Well, we're gearing up for the first day of school. We're very excited. We put in a lot of preparation."
As students arrived, they were met with big hugs from teachers and lots of eager questions from classmates - after all, a whole summer's gone by and there's a lot of catching up to do.
Soon it was time to hit the books. In Mrs. Colantonio's third grade class, students were at their desks rifling through a welcome kit prepared by their teacher. Students showed few nerves, ready for a year ahead full of new friends and new challenges.
We asked second grader Jordan Quires if there was anything she was nervous about learning. But she gave us a big smile and a confident "No."
Rory Dunleavy put the excitement of the first day of school into context, saying, "I'm excited because I get to meet my new teacher, and you get to meet new kids. It's just fun!"
conshohocken, montgomery county, pennsylvania, school, education, local/state
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run 27 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Camden teen reported missing 35 min ago
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Woman's body found in Berks County ID'd 17 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose