Threat closes Atlantic Cape college campuses
MAYS LANDING, N.J. - September 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- All campuses of the Atlantic Cape Community College are closed due to a threat.
In a message posted on the college's website, administrators said it was closing all three campuses on the advice of local authorities.
Atlantic Cape has campuses in Mays Landing, Atlantic City and Cape May Courthouse.
The message advises students and staff not to come to campus until further notice.
Atlantic City Police say they dispatched officers to the Kentucky Avenue side of the Atlantic Cape Community College campus in Atlantic City around noon today.
This was in response to a bomb threat that was called in to the Mays Landing offices of the school.
The initial threat did not specify which campus location so all three locations were evacuated.
According to the calendar on the college's website, Tuesday is the first day of class.
RELATED: Atlantic Cape Community College website.
new jersey, atlantic county, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 22 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball