Threat closes Atlantic Cape college campuses
MAYS LANDING, N.J. - September 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- All campuses of the Atlantic Cape Community College are closed due to a threat.
In a message posted on the college's website, administrators said it was closing all three campuses on the advice of local authorities.
Atlantic Cape has campuses in Mays Landing, Atlantic City and Cape May Courthouse.
The message advises students and staff not to come to campus until further notice.
Atlantic City Police say they dispatched officers to the Kentucky Avenue side of the Atlantic Cape Community College campus in Atlantic City around noon today.
This was in response to a bomb threat that was called in to the Mays Landing offices of the school.
The initial threat did not specify which campus location so all three locations were evacuated.
According to the calendar on the college's website, Tuesday is the first day of class.
RELATED: Atlantic Cape Community College website.
new jersey, atlantic county, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded 20 min ago
- Heavy flames damage Southwest Philadelphia house 9 min ago
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Snow today, heavy at times
21 min ago
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens...
20 min ago