Search continuing for Phila. man missing in Md.
BALTIMORE (AP) - September 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities are resuming a search for a 27-year-old boater who is missing after falling overboard in Maryland.
The Maryland Natural Resources Police say the man is Jason Wesley Ryman of Philadelphia.
Authorities say Ryman was aboard a sailboat when a strong gust of wind caused the boat to tip on Monday about two miles away from Bayside Beach in Maryland. Ryman and a woman both fell overboard. The woman was rescued, but the crew was unable to reach Ryman. He was not wearing a life jacket.
Natural Resources Police were set to resume the search for Ryman on Tuesday. The agency's search was suspended Monday due to darkness, though the Coast Guard continued to search through the night.
philadelphia, maryland, baltimore, missing boater, missing person, local/state
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51 6 min ago
- Splendid spring finale
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Robbery suspect sought, Villanova U. locked down
- Crackdown on illegal street vendors in W. Phila.
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
- Viewer takes photos of bear in back yard
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Suspect robs Philadelphia Dunkin' Donuts at gunpoint
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones