Search continuing for Phila. man missing in Md.
BALTIMORE (AP) - September 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities are resuming a search for a 27-year-old boater who is missing after falling overboard in Maryland.
The Maryland Natural Resources Police say the man is Jason Wesley Ryman of Philadelphia.
Authorities say Ryman was aboard a sailboat when a strong gust of wind caused the boat to tip on Monday about two miles away from Bayside Beach in Maryland. Ryman and a woman both fell overboard. The woman was rescued, but the crew was unable to reach Ryman. He was not wearing a life jacket.
Natural Resources Police were set to resume the search for Ryman on Tuesday. The agency's search was suspended Monday due to darkness, though the Coast Guard continued to search through the night.
philadelphia, maryland, baltimore, missing boater, missing person, local/state
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila. 52 min ago
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington 40 min ago
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Beyonce releases new album on iTunes
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
52 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos