Three officers injured in Allentown shootout
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - September 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in eastern Pennsylvania are searching for a man following an exchange of gunfire at a domestic disturbance call.
Authorities in Allentown said the suspect shot at responding officers, who returned fire, at about 3:20 p.m. Tuesday.
Police cordoned off several blocks. WFMZ-TV says two school buses were held back at a middle school and officers were sent to guard the students.
Witnesses told The (Allentown) Morning Call that the nearby American Parkway Plaza shopping center was also evacuated.
Assistant Chief Joe Hanna told the paper that two officers were taken to the hospital to be checked out, but he didn't believe they had been shot. Police later said a third officer was also being evaluated at the hospital.
allentown, lehigh county, pennsylvania, police, shooting, local/state
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51 49 min ago
- Splendid spring finale 34 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane 44 min ago
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody 39 min ago
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila. 37 min ago
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos 36 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Desmond's slam leads Nats over Phillies 26 min ago
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51
49 min ago
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in...
39 min ago
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
44 min ago
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
37 min ago