Man injured in Kensington partial building collapse
KENSINGTON - September 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- One person is hospitalized following a partial building collapse in Philadelphia's Kensington section.
Emergency responders were called shortly after 8:00 a.m. for the report of a person trapped following a partial building collapse on the 1400 block of N. Phillip Street.
The victim was reportedly trapped on an upper floor before being freed and transported to an area hospital. There is now word the extent of his injuries.
There is no word on what officially caused the collapse.
kensington, philadelphia, building collapse, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives 21 min ago
- Snow will turn the ground white again! 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire 22 min ago
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia 23 min ago
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in 3 min ago
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees 29 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
12 min ago
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
22 min ago
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
23 min ago