4 charged in killing of man in New Castle County
NEW CASTLE, Del. (AP) - September 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Castle County police say four people have been charged with murder in the killing of a 48-year-old man over the weekend.
Police say they were called to Calburn Court for a shooting about 10:50 p.m. Saturday and found a man suffering from a gunshot wound to the upper body. Authorities say they learned the group had attempted to rob the victim, James Williams Jr., and that he was shot during a struggle.
Police have charged twins Mark and Matthew Miller and Aquino Myers, all of Newark, as well as Ashlee Powell of the Kirkwood area with first-degree murder and other charges.
A Newark man whom police say was involved in a robbery at Williams' home in May has also been charged with burglary and other offenses.
homicide, new castle county, delaware, local/state
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila. 57 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt 13 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila.
57 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos