4 charged in killing of man in New Castle County
NEW CASTLE, Del. (AP) - September 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Castle County police say four people have been charged with murder in the killing of a 48-year-old man over the weekend.
Police say they were called to Calburn Court for a shooting about 10:50 p.m. Saturday and found a man suffering from a gunshot wound to the upper body. Authorities say they learned the group had attempted to rob the victim, James Williams Jr., and that he was shot during a struggle.
Police have charged twins Mark and Matthew Miller and Aquino Myers, all of Newark, as well as Ashlee Powell of the Kirkwood area with first-degree murder and other charges.
A Newark man whom police say was involved in a robbery at Williams' home in May has also been charged with burglary and other offenses.
homicide, new castle county, delaware, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos