Prosecutors: Pa. man died of massive head trauma
EASTON, Pa. (AP) - September 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors say a Pennsylvania man who died of severe head trauma was surrounded by blood-splattered hand tools when he was found gravely wounded in his home.
Officials are still awaiting the results of an autopsy before determining the manner of 47-year-old Michael Muretta's death. Muretta was found in the basement of his Williams Township, Northampton County home on Aug. 29 and died later that day at a hospital.
State police are calling Muretta's death suspicious. A search warrant application says a deputy coroner told police some of Muretta's injuries could have been caused by a hammer. The application also says Muretta's hands and arms were bloody.
Muretta's estranged wife had asked police to check on him because he hadn't been to work in more than a week.
easton, pennsylvania, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ