Suspect wanted in South Phila. shooting
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - September 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for the suspect who shot at a person near their vehicle back on Thursday, August 23rd in South Philadelphia.
Police responded around 5:40 p.m. to the report of a person with a gun in the 1300 block of Dickinson Street.
When the officers arrived, they were met with a man who said while he was placing items in his car an unknown male approached him armed with a handgun.
The victim said the gunman fired one shot at him before fleeing west on Dickinson Street and then south on the 1500 block of Watts Street.
The suspect is described as a black male, 25-30 years of age, stocky build and has a beard. He was wearing a light colored shirt, tan shorts and riding a gray mountain bike. He was also armed with a handgun.
For more information visit the Philadelphia Police website.
If you have any information about this crime or suspect, please contact the police.
shooting, police, south philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- 2 winners in $636M Mega Millions drawing
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem 29 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester 16 min ago
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar 22 min ago
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor