Pittsburgh father finds teen son's body in bushes
PITTSBURGH (AP) - September 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Pittsburgh family is mourning the death of a teenage boy whose body was found along railroad tracks after he failed to show up for school.
Police say 17-year-old Elijah Washington had suffered multiple gunshot wounds before his body was found Wednesday by his father and older brother.
The teen's body was found in some bushes beneath a bridge spanning the tracks.
The victim's father, Marvin Washington, says an acquaintance of his younger son called his older son to say he was among a group of people who'd been shot at Tuesday night. When Marvin Washington called his son's school and learned he wasn't there, he began searching.
Homicide detectives are conducting interviews but police say they have made no arrests.
body found, teens, pittsburgh, pennsylvania, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases