Body of missing Pa. boater found in Md.
BALTIMORE - September 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say they have recovered the body of a 27-year-old Pennsylvania boater who fell overboard near Gibson Island in Anne Arundel County.
The Maryland Natural Resources Police say the body of Jason Wesley Ryman of Philadelphia was recovered about 9:30 a.m. Thursday. Natural Resources Police say the body will be sent to the state medical examiner's office in Baltimore for an autopsy.
Authorities say Ryman was on a sailboat with three others when a squall caused the boat to tip over Monday. Ryman and his girlfriend were thrown from the boat. The woman was rescued, but the crew was unable to reach Ryman.
Emergency responders searched the area until dark Monday and Tuesday.
philadelphia, maryland, missing person, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 44 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 25 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
44 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
25 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos