Body of missing Pa. boater found in Md.
BALTIMORE - September 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say they have recovered the body of a 27-year-old Pennsylvania boater who fell overboard near Gibson Island in Anne Arundel County.
The Maryland Natural Resources Police say the body of Jason Wesley Ryman of Philadelphia was recovered about 9:30 a.m. Thursday. Natural Resources Police say the body will be sent to the state medical examiner's office in Baltimore for an autopsy.
Authorities say Ryman was on a sailboat with three others when a squall caused the boat to tip over Monday. Ryman and his girlfriend were thrown from the boat. The woman was rescued, but the crew was unable to reach Ryman.
Emergency responders searched the area until dark Monday and Tuesday.
philadelphia, maryland, missing person, local/state
- Video: Chris Sowers with storm update 15 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Up to 50 vehicles in deadly PA Turnpike crash 1 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 58 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm 13 min ago
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com! 55 min ago
- Video: Eagles fan tailgate in the snow
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
35 min ago