Police: Worker chases robbery suspects with chair
OVERBROOK PARK - September 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say an employee used a chair to chase two male suspects who came into his store demanding money.
It happened Sept. 4 around 5:45 p.m. at the Haverford Freedom Service Station on the 7400 block of Haverford Avenue in Overbrook Park.
Once inside, one suspect brandished a handgun and demanded money. A male employee gave over $150 but the suspects demanded all of the money.
Police say one of the men struck the employee with the gun, causing a minor cut near his eye.
The suspects demanded money again and one of them allegedly threatened to kill the victim and began counting down.
Police say the employee picked up a metal chair and charged towards the suspects. Both men fled on foot and down a nearby alleyway.
The first suspect is described as a black male, 20-30-years-old, 6 feet tall, with a thin build. He was last seen wearing a black jacket with a hood and was armed with a silver revolver.
The second suspect is described as a black male, 20-23-years-old, 5'8" tall, with a stocky build and a light complexion. He was last seen wearing a light colored jacket with a hood.
Anyone with information is asked to contact 911. To submit a tip via telephone, dial 215.686.TIPS (8477) or text a tip to 773847.
philadelphia, robbery, overbrook, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City
- Windy and cold today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff 23 min ago
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications 50 min ago
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved 26 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs 15 min ago
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
23 min ago
- Group calls on Phila. City Council for...
21 min ago