VP Joe Biden to speak in Shanksville on Sept. 11
SHANKSVILLE, Pa. (AP) - September 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- The National Park Service says Vice President Joe Biden will speak on Tuesday at the site in western Pennsylvania where a hijacked airplane crashed during the 2001 terror attacks.
The agency said Friday that Biden will deliver keynote remarks at the Flight 93 National Memorial in Shanksville, and advised visitors to get there at least two hours before the 9:30 a.m. start because of security.
The memorial honors the 40 passengers and crew members who died as some fought with the hijackers, preventing the plane from being diverted to crash in Washington, D.C.
Others expected to speak at the Sept. 11 event include Interior Secretary Ken Salazar and the president of Families of Flight 93, Patrick White.
pennsylvania, 9/11 attacks, vice president joe biden, local/state
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today 40 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found 25 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 57 min ago
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Penn Medical School sued over researcher's death
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- DA: Woman gambled away stepson's inheritance
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's
- Philadelphia police officer's stolen SUV...
49 min ago