VP Joe Biden to speak in Shanksville on Sept. 11
SHANKSVILLE, Pa. (AP) - September 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- The National Park Service says Vice President Joe Biden will speak on Tuesday at the site in western Pennsylvania where a hijacked airplane crashed during the 2001 terror attacks.
The agency said Friday that Biden will deliver keynote remarks at the Flight 93 National Memorial in Shanksville, and advised visitors to get there at least two hours before the 9:30 a.m. start because of security.
The memorial honors the 40 passengers and crew members who died as some fought with the hijackers, preventing the plane from being diverted to crash in Washington, D.C.
Others expected to speak at the Sept. 11 event include Interior Secretary Ken Salazar and the president of Families of Flight 93, Patrick White.
pennsylvania, 9/11 attacks, vice president joe biden, local/state
- Charges dropped against fmr. Montco GOP leader 54 min ago
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino
- Suspect sought in NE Phila. Wawa robbery 6 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 8 min ago
- Snow plow overturns on I-95 in Delaware
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles
- Mick Jagger's girlfriend found dead in NYC
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade