VP Joe Biden to speak in Shanksville on Sept. 11
SHANKSVILLE, Pa. (AP) - September 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- The National Park Service says Vice President Joe Biden will speak on Tuesday at the site in western Pennsylvania where a hijacked airplane crashed during the 2001 terror attacks.
The agency said Friday that Biden will deliver keynote remarks at the Flight 93 National Memorial in Shanksville, and advised visitors to get there at least two hours before the 9:30 a.m. start because of security.
The memorial honors the 40 passengers and crew members who died as some fought with the hijackers, preventing the plane from being diverted to crash in Washington, D.C.
Others expected to speak at the Sept. 11 event include Interior Secretary Ken Salazar and the president of Families of Flight 93, Patrick White.
pennsylvania, 9/11 attacks, vice president joe biden, local/state
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police