Bucks Co. job fair helps military veterans
WARMINSTER, Pa. - September 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Hiring our Heroes was held in Bucks County - a job fair to help military veterans find employment.
Hundreds of people showed up to 263 Marketplace in Warminster on Friday. While the focus was for veterans, anyone looking for work was welcomed to attend.
A former Navy reservist has been out of work for 14 months.
"I was a truck driver four to six years, part-time police officer for 19," said Charles Gryniewicz.
Also in the Navy, Kent Reppert has been out of work for four years.
"My main interest in loss prevention but I'd take any entry job at this time," said Reppert.
Frank Fluherty, an electrician, was laid off in 2010.
"Then I went back to school, changed careers and was driving a truck. I'm trying to get back in the electrical field," said Fluherty.
About 50 employers were on hand to showcase full-time and part-time jobs.
"Seventy-five percent of the vendors here have actual job opportunities available and we've confirmed that with our business service department," said Michelle Ruiz of Career Link.
Other vendors were promoting their volunteer opportunities.
"They're still looking for jobs but this is also a good piece to put on their resume that they've volunteered for the Red Cross or any other organization," said Sharon Jefferson.
More than 400 people attended Friday's event.
For more information about the vendors or the next job fair visit the Hiring our Heroes Facebook page.
pennsylvania, bucks county, military, local/state, lisa thomas-laury
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash 48 min ago
- Wintry Weekend 35 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub 18 min ago
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub 17 min ago
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice 37 min ago
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary 20 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
48 min ago
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park...
18 min ago
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
17 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
35 min ago