Bucks Co. job fair helps military veterans
WARMINSTER, Pa. - September 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Hiring our Heroes was held in Bucks County - a job fair to help military veterans find employment.
Hundreds of people showed up to 263 Marketplace in Warminster on Friday. While the focus was for veterans, anyone looking for work was welcomed to attend.
A former Navy reservist has been out of work for 14 months.
"I was a truck driver four to six years, part-time police officer for 19," said Charles Gryniewicz.
Also in the Navy, Kent Reppert has been out of work for four years.
"My main interest in loss prevention but I'd take any entry job at this time," said Reppert.
Frank Fluherty, an electrician, was laid off in 2010.
"Then I went back to school, changed careers and was driving a truck. I'm trying to get back in the electrical field," said Fluherty.
About 50 employers were on hand to showcase full-time and part-time jobs.
"Seventy-five percent of the vendors here have actual job opportunities available and we've confirmed that with our business service department," said Michelle Ruiz of Career Link.
Other vendors were promoting their volunteer opportunities.
"They're still looking for jobs but this is also a good piece to put on their resume that they've volunteered for the Red Cross or any other organization," said Sharon Jefferson.
More than 400 people attended Friday's event.
For more information about the vendors or the next job fair visit the Hiring our Heroes Facebook page.
pennsylvania, bucks county, military, local/state, lisa thomas-laury
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!