Wilmington man shot multiple times outside home
WILMINGTON, Del. - September 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a shooting that left one man critically wounded in Wilmington.
It happened around 1:25 Saturday morning on the 1300 block of Chestnut Street.
Officer arrived to find a man in his 20s, suffering gunshot wounds to the abdomen and legs.
The victim says he was sitting on the steps of his home with several friends, when an unknown male walked up and started shooting.
The victim was taken to Christiana Hospital for surgery and was listed in critical condition. No one else was wounded in the gunfire.
After the shooting, police say the suspect fled in an unknown direction.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Wilmington Police at 302-576-3630.
Tips may also be forwarded to law enforcement through tip lines maintained by Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-333 3 or online at www.tipsubmit.com.
delaware, wilmington, shooting, local/state
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse 32 min ago
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Teen wounded in Point Breeze shooting
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Protests overshadow Mayor's budget address
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
32 min ago