Wilmington man shot multiple times outside home
WILMINGTON, Del. - September 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a shooting that left one man critically wounded in Wilmington.
It happened around 1:25 Saturday morning on the 1300 block of Chestnut Street.
Officer arrived to find a man in his 20s, suffering gunshot wounds to the abdomen and legs.
The victim says he was sitting on the steps of his home with several friends, when an unknown male walked up and started shooting.
The victim was taken to Christiana Hospital for surgery and was listed in critical condition. No one else was wounded in the gunfire.
After the shooting, police say the suspect fled in an unknown direction.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Wilmington Police at 302-576-3630.
Tips may also be forwarded to law enforcement through tip lines maintained by Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-333 3 or online at www.tipsubmit.com.
delaware, wilmington, shooting, local/state
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm 50 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia 45 min ago
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
50 min ago
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
45 min ago
- Police push burning car in New Hampshire
59 min ago